Thursday, September 18, 2003

6.45 P.M. Just had a marvelous time photographing three cadets from yesterday afternoon, from left to right I need to remember, Kirriel, (English speaker and natural leader), Ilya (handsome and short) and Andrei (handsome one who could not be serious). Jim came up with the idea and though I am loathe to increase my burden in this project, I feel strongly that these three lads, in full uniform will be a perfect foil for the nude individuals along with the family members. I would very much like to include the newspaper clipping image of a child being buried in Afghanistan but must first get permission for copyright purposes (J says he will take care of that along with all the other stuff he has in mind). Then I started to worry about the levity of these lads next to such a tragic image. Would separate them somehow. The whole context issue is so important to me…. Would also like to do another “Ode to Ideology”.

It has been an incredible day of production even though there were more moments of respite than usual. Poor Vova is beginning to separate himself from me I think because facing the grueling task of his normal life must need some easing into, and in a way I am a father to him seen too rarely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home